Sunday, May 3, 2009

Well, this past week has been just a tad more eventful than most. I finished my first course cake decorating class at Michael's. It was nice to have some me time and learn some fun new stuff in the process. My first completed cake isn't the greatest or anything but definitely an improvement from the typical store bought frosting with nothing on it. I was actually going to do the cake for Alicia's baby shower next week but we are now going to be flying out to SJ so taking all my stuff just won't work. On Thursday Karli started the big girl gymnastics class. Which basically is the same as what she has been doing except I am not allowed in. Yep that's right instead of going in and doing it with her I am forced to stay outside and watch through a giant glass window with a bunch of other parents. Okay so it's not that bad but still it's so crazy to think she is already doing it on her own. She was so excited to be with all the other big kids.
Here are some pics and video of the cake and Karli:



First completed cake

Trying the hand stand


Waiting for her turn


On the bar



Her attempt at a cartwheel

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Your cake looks awesome Nikki! And we loved Karli's cartwheel... that is so cute. We love you guys!

Nat

kristen said...

that's such a pretty cake! I'm impressed